Use this endpoint to send an MMS from a Flowroute long code or toll-free phone number to another valid phone number. All Flowroute phone numbers are MMS-enabled. To get started, visit the DIDs page to view all of your Flowroute numbers.
- You will need a Flowroute long code or toll-free phone number in order to send and receive messages.
- Flowroute's maximum MMS message size is 750kB including text. Currently you are allowed one media file attachment per MMS message.
- You are allowed to send one MMS per API request, at a rate of 1 MMS per second.
- Flowroute cannot guarantee delivery to any phone number not enabled for MMS.
- Smart quotes are known to cause errors. Please make sure to use neutral (vertical) quotes in your request.
All request parameters are optional unless otherwise noted.
Valid phone number that you're sending the message to. This number must be in E.164 format. e.g. +12065551234
Flowroute phone number that you're sending the message from. This must be a number that you own in your Flowroute account in E.164 format. e.g. +12065551234
Optional, if media_urls is specified.
The plain-text content of the message that is counted in the total message size which is currently restricted to 750kB. Depending on the length of your message and if you set it to MMS, your message may be broken into multiple fragments and sent as SMS instead. Read this article for specific information on SMS message length and concatenation.
Optional, if body is specified. The publicly accessible URL of the media that you are sending.
A flag that you can set for sending a text-only MMS without specifying a media_urls.